Trends, data, and analysis of the supplier diversity industry
For the third year in a row, supplier.io launched two surveys that aimed to define the supplier diversity industry for both sides involved: the supplier diversity professionals managing and growing their companies’ programs, and the diverse suppliers on the other side of them.
Our 2019 State of Supplier Diversity reports include the results of more than 450 survey responses.
Here are some examples of statistics included in the first report, State of Supplier Diversity—Supplier Diversity Programs:
- 53 percent of supplier diversity programs count small businesses in their diverse spend.
- 59 percent of respondents track Tier 2 spend.
- 29 percent of respondents have a global supplier diversity program.
Here are some of the statistics found in the second report, State of Supplier Diversity—Diverse Suppliers:
- 65 percent of respondents have been in business for 11 or more years.
- 71 percent of respondents said that networking is one of their top three ways to connect with partners.
- 89 percent of minority-owned businesses are certified as such by an appropriate agency.